Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Li'l Depressed Boy #12

Written by S. Steven Struble
Art by Sina Grace

I've written before about how I was growing increasingly frustrated with the lack of forward momentum in The Li'l Depressed Boy, and so I was rather pleased to read this issue and find that things more or less do happen in it.

The LDB has been getting used to his new job at the movie theatre, and has been enjoying the attentions of the kind and lovely female manager, Spike.  In this issue, he flirts with her a little, and then has a conversation about her with his friend Drew, who encourages him to ask her out.

This book is still not moving terribly quickly - there are five whole pages devoted to LDB waiting for Spike to drive him somewhere, but it is starting to feel a little more like there is a plan in place for this comic.

This title is always charming, but I have decided to stop pre-ordering it, because of the lack of content.  That gives the creators a few issues (since it's pretty behind schedule) to make some changes, or to get me to change my mind.

No comments: